Recent blog posts
- Parent Information Sessions: Meet our staff, professionals and other parents (June, September & October)
- LOONY DOOKING for KINDRED - DONATE NOW TO SHOW YOUR AWE
- ACCESSIBLE CHRISTMAS ATTRACTIONS? FILL IN SURVEY by 12 DEC FOR CAPABILITY SCOTLAND - YOU COULD WIN £50
- EDINBURGH CARERS TEAM INVITE YOU TO EVENTS IN EDINBURGH
- EXPERIENCE OF TUBE FEEDING - CEN asks for your help with a survey
- FREE HIBS TICKETS from KICKS FOR KIDS
- SATURDAY NIGHTS! A new programme of events for YOUNG PEOPLE with Kindred
- Lone parent caring for a disabled young person? One Parent Families Scotland Meeting Weds 5th December
- KINDRED 2012 AGM - Tuesday 23rd October - PLEASE NOTE NOW TO BEGIN AT 4 O'CLOCK
- IDEAS FOR THINGS TO DO WITH THE KIDS IN THE OCTOBER WEEK
Rise in earnings limit for Carers Allowance
The earnings limit for Carers Allowance has gone up to £95, increasing the amount carers can earn before losing their Carers Allowance of £48.65 a week.
The government has announced this change in policy as an interim measure, to prevent carers losing their Carers Allowance due to rises in the National Minimum wage taking them above the threshold. Without the change, carers who were working more than 16 hours per week would have automatically lost their Carers Allowance on 1 October when their wages rose above £87 a week. All carers in this position would then have had to reapply for the allowance once the earnings limit was increased in April.
If you would like more information about this, visit www.carers.org