Read more

Annual reports

Kindred's most recent annual report is available to view and download. Read more

Assistance with Heating and Energy Bills

The Scottish Government’s Home Energy Efficiency Programme has a free helpline providing instant energy savings advice to everyone who calls, as well as help to switch to cheaper tariffs and get all the benefits households are entitled to. Read more

Become a member

Kindred members are invited to our AGM, asked to vote on any major decision and offered the chance to become a trustee. Find out how you can become a member here. Read more

Blue Badge

A blue badge can we awarded to a child with additional needs.  This means the person caring for the disabled child at the time of driving (usually the parent) can park for free in parking meter areas, and on single yellow lines. Read more

Campaign for us

There are many ways in which you can campaign for us. One way to do this is by clicking through to our current campaigns page and supporting any petitions or surveys. Read more


This page contains information on Kindreds latest campaigns in support of families of children with complex health needs and disabilities. Read more

Carer's Allowance

Carer’s Allowance is a taxable benefit to help people who look after someone who is disabled (receiving middle or high rate care component DLA). Read more

Contact us

You can contact Kindred by phone, email and by post. Read more

Council Tax Reduction

If a child’s medical requirements result in the need for an extra room or more space (e.g. use of wheelchair, or adapted bedroom) then the family may be entitled to move to a lower band of Council Tax. Read more

Designer test page

Maecenas sed diam eget risus varius blandit sit amet non magna. Integer posuere erat a ante venenatis dapibus posuere velit aliquet. Read more

Direct Payments

If a local authority agrees that a child needs services, the parent can choose to get money to buy these services themselves. This is called Direct Payments. Read more

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for Children (under 16's)

Disability Living Allowance, or DLA, is a tax-free benefit for those who need help with care needs. If your child is under 16 and has care and mobility needs, you may be entitled to claim it. Read more