Educational psychologists use their training in psychology and knowledge of child development to assess difficulties children may be having with their learning.  The Educational Psychologist is likely to be involved in the Child’s Planning Meeting (or Young Person’s Planning Meeting).  They will advise you, on behalf of the local authority, about the best school place for your child and what individual support your child might require in school.  If you have concerns about your child’s development or learning you should raise these with the Educational Psychologist.