Independent adjudication is available if you have a disagreement with your local authority over your child’s education.  However, this form of ‘dispute resolution’ is only available for certain types of disagreement (more information is available in a factsheet provided by Enquire).  The adjudicator is someone who is independent of your local authority and has expertise in dealing with children who have additional support needs.  Applications for independent adjudication are made to Scottish Government.